New beginnings

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's about bloody time. After longer than I care to admit hiding on my couch reading books I have practically memorized or watching old episodes of Buffy, I have ventured out and found employment in my chosen field. I am now a bona fide employed English Teacher and I am so excited but really clear that I have a number of significant surpises in store for me; I don't really know what to expect from community college students so I am keeping an open mind, an easy spirit and my sense of humor, all of which I expect to be vital tools in the classroom tomorrow. I am so fortunate to have my good friend Mrs. Chili, also a grad of State U in Ed, teaching the same thing as I will be, so we can venture forth together. It is a brave new world and cliches aside, I am ready. Bring it on!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said…

    YAY, MAMA!! I'm excited, too, and I think that we're going to be excellent support for one another. Our teaching styles are SOOOO different, and I'm really glad of that - we have a lot to offer each other.

    Please fasten your seatbelts and check that your seatbacks and tray tables are in their upright and locked position. We are cleared for takeoff.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger organic mama said…

    I so look forward to the conversations our style differences will engender. I think I can and will learn a great deal from your point of view and I am thrilled to have you along as a copilot!!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Kizz said…

    Hey, don't discount the importance of watching old episodes of Buffy! You can learn a lot over there. For instance, can you name the episode and character who says, "Whole lotta hoot, leeetle bit of nanny."

    Congratulations and hope you both have a great time tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home