New beginnings

Tuesday, October 17, 2006


ODE to a Dishwasher that PERFORMS

Seem mundane?

Isn't.

I have a new dishwasher and it works!!

Properly.

It seemed no matter how much we rinsed off the dishes in our old machine, cups and plates would come out festooned with bits of grit sandblasted on by the drying cycle. It was a familiar scene: I'd stand there swearing as I cleaned out the machine; none of the glasses or mugs would be free of bits of whatever had been on the plates. I would have to re-wash nearly everything. Grumpily. When she visited from Canada, my mother would often take all my glasses out of my cabinets and wash them for me. I had almost stopped noticing how nasty they were. Seriously yucksome.

WTF??

Most lower-end dishwashers, explained the nice man at Best Buy, use the same water to do both the initial and final rinse, thereby spewing bits all over the contents of the dishwasher. Most machines, he went on, have filters that are either automatically emptied, or that need some human intervention. Our old one had neither.

After plenty o' research and with a firm resolve, my darling husband and I purchased an LG (Life's Good) wonder contraption that does what the bloody things are supposed to!! This lovely device has a whizbang food grinder, and an automatic filter that removes the dinner detritus off of my plates FOR me. All I have to do is push one of the cycle buttons and off it goes.

Makes me grin like an idiot. And swear a LOT less.

Just thought I would share.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:32 AM, Blogger Kizz said…

    There's nothing mundane about a good dishwasher. Congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home