New beginnings

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Dancing with my Girls

Monty Python has a Broadway show currently running full-tilt - yah, you know the one- full of infectious, outrageous songs. Anyway, my girls and I have the darn music on a constant loop in our heads at the moment; ONE word and we're off on a dancing and singing whirlwind. This evening, as I put dinner together, I had the media player on my PC blasting the whole thing; my daughters and I yelled the lyrics, hammed it up big time and danced until we huffed. Then we held onto each other and grinned like fools. Husband came home during the finale, by which time we were gleefully staggering around the kitchen. I'm still grinning.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said…

    And this, really, is what I wanted out of my life with my family. I never had anything like that - a kind of easy intimacy with my parents that encouraged singing in the car or dancing in the living room. It's precious, precious stuff, and rightly to be treasured.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home