New beginnings

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Covering Naked Walls

Do you have naked walls? Do they bother you? I have been heartily sick of looking at my vast expanses of paint (albeit colors I chose) where lovely things should be. I have dithered these three years since I moved into this house and although we do have some lovely things adorning the plaster, there are lot of spaces just crying out for, well, SOMETHING. Over the last few years, my husband and I have planted hundreds of perennials, annuals, trees, etc., and I have been taking photos. Looking through thse shots, I realized I had grown my very own gallery.

Last year I grew my very first sunflower and after it was initially amputated by dining deer, it grew back into THIS!

This past summer I though I planted giant zinnias (packaging error) but instead got amazing giant red sunflowers. Aren't they glorious? I have now framed each of these photos to cover some of the nakedness and to console myself over the coming bleak winter. Honestly, I don't know what has taken me so long - these shots make me stupid happy and elevate my walls from bored blah to oases of color.


3 Comments:

  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Mrs. Chili said…

    And Mama generously shared the top photo with me - it's on my fridge right now, awaiting a proper frame. The images on the blog don't do the real things justice - these pictures really are glorious.

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger organic mama said…

    Why thank you, Mrs. Chili! I really enjoy taking and decorating with these photos, and sharing them with friends makes it that much more rewarding.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great photographs!Take more beautiful flower photos.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home