New beginnings

Wednesday, November 29, 2006



Getting it Done

Mrs. Chili came over this foggy and grey afternoon to help me/make me take care of the travesty that was once my desk and bookshelf, and that now is again. I had avoided it for so long that I no longer saw the precarious piles of random books, the inbox bursting with files full of unrelated and mostly recyclable items and the three boxes brimming full of miscellaneous I've-had-it-forever-and-I-can't possible-part-with-it CRAP. Guess what? I parted with so much today and although I'm not entirely finished - I've got a hot file and some odds and ends that need homes - my wonderful friend facilitated me moving out of rut of selective blindness and inertia. She attacked piles and made me decide, then and there, whether I was dumping, filing or recycling. She was ruthless and bossy and I needed just that!

I have walked into my office, sat at the computer and aggressively ignored all the mess and chaos around me for so long; I didn't realize how much energy I was expending pretending the mess wasn't there. I breathe easy as I look around. Sometime soon I am going to help her with a project she's been avoiding - don't we all have those? - and I am looking forward to it. What are friends for anyway?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Kizz said…

    Chili ruthless and bossy? Never! :)

    Congratulations!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger organic mama said…

    Chili has all the qualities I could ask for as a friend placed in the role of slave driver - humor, compassion and absolute dedication to making me do what I asked her to - kick my butt!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home