New beginnings

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

100 Things About ME

Inspired by Mrs. Chili , I am going to attempt to list 100 things about me in no obvious order of relevance, except number 1.
  1. My darling husband of nearly 13 years cracks me up every single day.
  2. My two amazing daughters are die-hard fans of Calvin & Hobbes, Monty Python and the Far Side because of my husband and me.
  3. I am going to be 40 on Monday and I am thrilled. More on this later!
  4. I am 4 minutes older than my sister.
  5. If I sneeze enough times in a row, I lose my voice entirely.
  6. I love to travel, have been to England and bits of Europe 5 times, but haven't been off this continent in 16 years.
  7. My friendships with a variety of extraordinary, funny and inspiring women sustain me and help me remember who I am.
  8. Since leaving a large Canadian city in '92, I have lived in urbanly in Washington State and Arizona and now live more happily than I lthought possible out in the New England countryside.
  9. I love being an English teacher.
  10. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is utterly brilliant and eminently teachable. DH and I bought the entire run of the series for our twelfth anniversary.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not the first one who's said that Buffy is brilliant. I've never seen an episode. Ever. Perhaps we should make a date to sit on your couch with tea and chocolate and you can hook me up to this the same way you got me addicted to the Outlander books?

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger organic mama said…

    It would be my extreme pleasure to do this to, er FOR you.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger The Grammar Snob said…

    Ah, 100 things. I am trying to restrain....but by penchant for list making is buring! I'm enjoying yours, might start working on mine!

    Buffy, really? Might have to rent some to see what all the hype is about.

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Kizz said…

    Buffy is AWEsome. And yes, teachable. Not so much the later years but through the first 3 seasons at least, when Whedon was often writing 1 theme per episode it is a beautiful way to teach some extraordinary writing.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger organic mama said…

    Kizz, I couldn't agree with you more. The first three seasons and assorted other episodes are thematically rich and full of brilliant writing. Tragic lovers, tragic heroes, social commentary... Joss Whedon created a tremendous world. I am going to hook Mrs. Chili up on some blustery day this winter. Wanna come?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home